|Starts||August 01, 2020 at 9:00am|
|Ends||August 01, 2020 at 10:30am|
In this interactive webinar interpreters will be presented with a technique to carry out an analysis of insults and expressions in English that make their way to court proceedings and will learn strategies to maintain the right register in their target languages.
· Forensic linguistics & Interpreting
· What is an insult?
· Linguistic independence: the right to take offense… or not and reply accordingly
· Language as a weapon
· The subjective state of mind of the offender & victim
· Interpreters vs mediators
· Culture and language
· On the record: accuracy & register
· Use of corpora
|Organizer||Léxica Aula Virtual para Intérpretes|
AIIC member Darinka Mangino is a certified Court Interpreter for Mexico City and an experienced Conference Interpreter. She holds a PGC in Forensic Linguistics from Aston University and a MAS in Interpreter Training from FIT-UNIGE. Mangino has trained Court & Conference interpreters internationally. She is the founder of Lexica Aula Virtual para Interpretes and founding member of Proyecto Cenzontle.